Our vision is that Temple Emanu-El be the leading synagogue for Israel engagement in the greater Atlanta area.
Temple Emanu-El is a Zionist congregation committed to a cultural, religious, and political connection with the State of Israel, the homeland of the Jewish people. Israel is a central pillar of our communal Jewish identity. We integrate Israel into our lifelong learning, worship, social justice, and the decor of our building. Our congregants travel to Israel, contribute financially to her well being, and engage in nuanced dialogue about the land, her people, and the State.
- A safe and secure Jewish and democratic state in the Land of Israel.
- A commitment to helping Israel realize values which we as liberal Jews hold dear–peace with her neighbors and full civil, human and religious rights for all citizens.
- An Israeli society reflective of both democratic values and religious pluralism.
- The acquisition of Hebrew language skills to draw closer to our sacred texts and to engage with our brothers and sisters in the Land of Israel.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the secular and religious cultural heritage in the State of Israel
Click Links for Resources
American-Israel Public Affairs Committee
Association of Reform Zionists of America
Israel Religious Action Center
Atlanta Jewish Film Festival
Women of the Wall
New Israel Fund
American Jewish Committee
The iCenter for Israel Education
Jewish National Fund
The Times of Israel